Сайтове с полезна информация:
На български език:
- http://psihichnozdrave.com/ Портал за Психично Здраве, Създаден от „Общество Адаптация“ – сдружение на близките на хора с психични заболявания. Съдържа информация на тема психично здраве, лични истории и има собствен форум.
- http://www.adaptacia.info/ Амбулатория за Психично Здраве „Амбулатория“ – групова практика за специализирана психизтрична извънболнична медицинска помощ. Предоставя специализирана психично-здравна помощ, включително консултиране, диагностика, извънболнично лечение, рехабилитация и грижи на нуждаещите се от тях.
- http://psychologist.bg/ Асоциация на Психолозите в България – съдържа новини и статии на тема психично здраве, контаки на специалисти, информация за консултации (за хора, нуждаещи се от специалист) и за обучения (за учащи в областта). Сдружението е учредено с цел да подпомага и организира обучения и допълнителни курсове за студенти, изучаващи спецификата на психологията, психотерапията, психоанализата и различните направления на психологията.
На английски език:
- http://www.mentalhealth.wa.gov.au/ Government of Western Australia, Mental Health Commission – responsible for planning and purchasing mental health, alcohol and other drug services in Western Australia. The website contains many helpful links, as well as answers to the questions “What is mental health?”, “How to help someone going through a mental health crisis?”, “What is stigma?” and many more.
- http://www.mind.org.uk/ Mind for better mental health. Provides advice and support for anyone having a mental health issue, raises awareness and promotes understanding. Contains information on mental health, news and campaigns, tips for preserving a healthy mind and ideas on how to get involved.
- http://www.mentalhealth.gov/ Mental Health – U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. Basic information about mental health, various disorders, getting help for yourself and others, and more.
Кратки клипове и филми на тема психично здраве
На български език или със субтитри на български език:
- https://www.ted.com/talks/andrew_solomon_depression_the_secret_we_share?language=en Depression, the Secret We Share – В „Депреаия, Споделената Тайна“, авторът Андрю Соломон ни отвежда в най-тъмните ъгълчета на своя ум, разказвайки за борбата си с депресия. Споделя както собствената си история, така и историите на множество хора, страдащи от психични заболявания.
На английски език:
Кратки филмчета и лекции:
- http://mentalhealthchannel.tv/ The Mental Health Channel – an online network containing 12 original documentary series changing the conversation through inspiring true stories. Free to view, free to share, and commercial free.
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8dPuuaLjXtOPRKzVLY0jJY-uHOH9KVU6 – Crash Course Psychology
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esPRsT-lmw8 The Most Important Lesson from 83,000 Brain Scans – “Did you know that psychiatrists are the only medical specialists that virtually never look at the organ they treat?” A powerful talk on why imaging is so important in psychiatry and how psychological symptoms reflect physical brain abnormalities.
- http://ed.ted.com/lessons/what-is-depression-helen-m-farrell What Is Depression? – Depression is the leading cause of disability in the world; in the United States, close to ten percent of adults struggle with the disease. But because it’s a mental illness, it can be a lot harder to understand than, say, high cholesterol. Helen M. Farrell examines the symptoms and treatments of depression, and gives some tips for how you might help a friend who is suffering.
- https://www.ted.com/talks/andrew_solomon_depression_the_secret_we_share?language=en – Depression, the Secret We Share – In a talk equal parts eloquent and devastating, writer Andrew Solomon takes you to the darkest corners of his mind during the years he battled depression. That led him to an eye-opening journey across the world to interview others with depression — only to discover that, to his surprise, the more he talked, the more people wanted to tell their own stories.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3rHTm1YLxA Stephen Fry – The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive (Part I and Part II) – Stephen Fry presents this documentary exploring the disease of manic depression; a little understood but potentially devastating condition affecting an estimated two percent of the population. Stephen embarks on an emotional journey to meet fellow sufferers, and discuss the literal highs and lows of being a bi-polar.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=967Ckat7f98 “Back from the Edge”- Borderline Personality Disorder – the video was created by the Borderline Personality Disorder Resource Center at NewYork-Presbyterian. Most people who have Borderline Personality Disorder suffer from problems with regulating emotions and thoughts, impulsive and reckless behavior, unstable relationships with other people, and others. While mental health experts now generally agree that the name “borderline personality disorder” is misleading, a more accurate term does not exist yet.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmEJEfy5f50 Social Anxiety Documentary: Afraid if People – the personal stories of people experiencing social anxiety disorder, also called social phobia. It is an anxiety disorder in which a person has an excessive and unreasonable fear of social situations.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyiZfzbgaW4 “Up/Down” Bipolar Disorder Documentary – an informative documentary on what bipolar disorder is, what hardships face people experiencing it, what makes it so devastating.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnoUKWXTcBU Schizophrenia: Stolen Minds, Stolen Lives – full documentary on how schizophrenia affects individuals and relationships. An interesting documentary about people living with schizophrenia and the impact the disease has on them. It also explores what scientists know about the disease and what work is currently conducted in attempts to gain more knowledge of its causes and its mechanism of action.